State of the Server - Important please read!

Go down

State of the Server - Important please read!

Post by Big Boss on Tue May 01, 2018 12:59 am

So this is something i think is a long time comming but it seems we as a small community are going to have to have "one of those conversations"  that is... what to do with the current state of the server.

To start we are very fortunate of even having this server run for as long as it has, and for free best of all! however... i understand that some of it is simply we have lives and/ or play other games/servers/ etc but it seems the server playerbase has dropped quite considerably in the past year alone to the point where i've had to start reconsidering expansion options as well as any ideas for dm events etc.

What i'd like to do... is ask you guys, what do you think we should do? sure im just a admin and i could make the decision on my own, but i want to ask you all myself Smile

do you think the server is worth another year or so staying up?

or

should we consider this the final bid farewell to mothman and his server forever?

maybe someone has some ideas that would get you all to play more, or anything in between! i'd like to hear from you all Smile
Big Boss
Da Big Boss

http://anphgeneration.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: State of the Server - Important please read!

Post by OmegaChaos on Tue May 01, 2018 3:17 pm

I have not looked into this personally so if you have experience feel free to let us know!

Would it be possible to migrate our server to the version of NWN that is available through Steam? (Yes I have heard and read how there was nothing really done to the game and it may even be worse than original copy, however it does have toolset and online server support)

To be honest even though I have done it a hundred times I find it very annoying to go through all of the steps necessary to connect to our server and make sure my NWN game gets installed and configured properly. It has become exceedingly difficult with Windows 10 as well. I would think that the exposure to new and existing players alike would be much greater through Steam. I would be willing to rebuy the game and would actually play if it were this easy. Just two-cents from a previous admin of Anphillia Genesis/Continuum era.

OmegaChaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boss on Tue May 01, 2018 3:38 pm

The issue with that is its entirely up to our host to do these things not me.

I might be able to create the world, and manage everything but in the end its the host who is allowing us to have the game online and decides where it goes (in this case its 1.69 only)

sure we can say acquiring a steam version might help with the playerbase, but at this point im considering of moving on to other projects. I'm the only team member left and i hardly see anyone play on the server, but i will continue to keep it going if there is still an interest in playing here Smile
Big Boss
Da Big Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boss on Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Okay so this is just a followup I'm not going to shut the server down Razz  were not going to switch to EE (right now anyways).

As long as someone is playing online i'll keep it up, until at least we have another one of these posts.

I won't be joining or playing since i'll most likely be preoccupied with my other project but i will continue to make posts and just see how everyone is doing Smile

With that anyone is still welcome to add suggestions or ideas, besides move to nwn EE because right now that is off the table due to little support for multiplayer and servers for EE.
Big Boss
Da Big Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum