The Creation of Shard Items

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Creation of Shard Items

Post by Lunatik on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:43 pm

Shard Items:
This is how it works.  

-> 1 Ingot will be used to create a simple Shard weapon/armour  (up to 5 slots)
-> 2 ingots wil be used to create an advanced Shard weapon/armour  (up to 10 slots)

-> 1 Jewel for each Armour slot
-> 1 Soul  for 2 weapon slots.

Now you probably want to know what a "slot" is... 
A Slot is one "thing" you wish to enchant your Shard Item with.  

For example:
1 slot could equal +5 AC (+20 max) <- armour
or +5 enhancement/attack (+10 max)<-weapon
or Holy Avenger  <-weapon
or a Feat (some restrictions will apply on feats) <- varies depending on specific Feat (most however are geared for Armour
or a bonus to Skills <-Armour
or Elemental Damage (1d12 max simple weapons, 2d12 max on advanced) <- Weapon
or up to a +12 stat boost <- Armour (you may use as many slots as you wish for each stat boost)

The above examples will be part of a List of all Powers available for Weapons and Armour to be released.

Q. What counts as a weapon? 
A. Anything that you hold in your hand and causes damage normally(swords, club, staves, gloves, thrown/ranged weapon makers, etc...)

Q. What counts as Armour?
A. Anything a player would normally wear/carry that offers 1 type of AC protection.

Q. Can weapon and Armour powers be exchanged?
A. No.

***When a player has ALL the required Shard pieces they will post the desired Item in the Shard Request section, using the format provided. Where I will approve or deny depending on the criteria.***
Lunatik
Da Big Boss

http://anphgeneration.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Creation of Shard Items

Post by ElesagwithNess on Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:18 am

What of clothes for us mage's who refuse to wear metal regardless of out proficiency? Would Shard clothing be an option? (Not that I'm near yet. Just curious on mechanics)

ElesagwithNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunatik on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:12 am

Oh.. yes allow me to clarify that..   Armour can be any type that wear..  from the heaviest, clankiest suit of plate to a pair of socks and gym shoes. 

Clothing has a base AC 0, so it is armour in that regard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelius on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:50 am

Are item values to be retained based on weapon type? For example, will a sharded scythe be using a scythe model, or could a different item model be substituted, such as a staff? I'm unsure of the limitations of this system, so I do not intend to come off as anything other than curious.

I assume that we are to use the forge stats as guidelines, or  is there a better place to look when planning these out?

Edit: I just reread OP, and saw that the list was to be released. My bad.

Ophelius

Back to top Go down

Re:The Creation of Shard Items

Post by Lunatik on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:31 am

Ophelius wrote:Are item values to be retained based on weapon type? For example, will a sharded scythe be using a scythe model, or could a different item model be substituted, such as a staff? I'm unsure of the limitations of this system, so I do not intend to come off as anything other than curious.

I assume that we are to use the forge stats as guidelines, or  is there a better place to look when planning these out?

Edit: I just reread OP, and saw that the list was to be released. My bad.

First of all, Sorry about the missing list.. I am in the midst of moving.. So It's been a little hectic here! I will be posting the list Shard Powers List in the very near future (post Canada Day weekend! aka after July 1st)

The various scripters and modelers over the years have "given their love" to some items more often than others. We tried to make as many of the Shard weapons look as rare and unique as possible.. but (at least for the time being..) some weapons may look as "normal" as they come.

But, I can definitively answer this.. a Shard weapon will ALWAYS be the same as the  base weapon(base weapon Properties) that weapon type is.  So for example a Scythe will still be a scythe.

Weapon Properties
weight (lb): 12
cost (gp):    18
damage: 2d4
criticals: x4
damage type: Piercing & slashing
size: Large
proficiency: Exotic

What WILL change as a Shard weapon are the Powers that can be added limited by the kind of weapon Simple or Advanced, The Shard fragments paid into the weapon and your own imaginations as to the combinations.

The simplest Shard weapon or armour will still be more impressive than anything you could forge for your character. And before I get asked this.. No you cannot add Shard Magic to an already forged item or item found in a store or as loot.

If you have anymore questions do not hesitate to ask!
Lunatik
Da Big Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ElesagwithNess on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 am

Then allow me to ask. What about for us casters again? Can we have a Shard Grimoire? Or would it be a shard staff. Also are we limited to one shard item, whether it be a weapon or a piece of armor? Sorry for asking so much out of you all~ Good luck with the move, and thank you DM's for all you do~

ElesagwithNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunatik on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:15 am

Yes you can create a Mage staff or a Tome.
However it will be substantially different than what is commonly found. The details will be defined more clearly when the list of Shard powers is released.

To answer regarding is there a limit to the number of Shard Items your character may own/possess... Depends ENTIRELY on how many Shard fragments you collect and "cash in".
So yes.. Theoretically you could have a character possessing multiple Shard armours and weapons.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElesagwithNess on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:35 pm

When you say "substantially different" what do you mean? Actually increasing DC's or even furthering magic in a way?

ElesagwithNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelius on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:16 am

We are gonna be getting a list bruh. XD

Ophelius

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathWarding on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:41 am

I like lists,  Thank You again admins!!! <3
DeathWarding

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boss on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Thanks for everyone's patience as we work on improving everything! Due to real life getting in the way, there may be a delay in posts, but do expect something new within the week!
Big Boss
Da Big Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum